When I was approached by Alisa (A Stitch in Between) and Renee (Nearest the Pin) to participate in a virtual baby shower for the gorgeous Jenya from While she was sleeping, it took about .3 seconds to respond with YESSSSSS.
I knew instantly what I would make and send. Those who have been following me for a while will recognise my Boobook Taggy Owl. This is how my little business started. I designed and made these owls. Each and every single one is different. Every single one with a different name.
Would you believe I have made over 200 of them now? I may have gotten slightly, ... maybe... a little bit .... sick of them. I have a few at home that are in various stages of production and I'm determined to finish them off. In making this one, I remembered just how much I did love making them.
I'm also in the process of writing a pattern and tutorial to sell. What do you think? Would you buy it? Honestly it is almost complete. Must get onto that!
They are designed for babies but suit through to teething toddlers. A comfort, snugly with the soft minky backing, a toy to play with, a teething relief (ya know how babies seem to chop on the tags of everything!) and something lovely to display.
So a few details:
- the back is beautiful soft minky
- the ribbons are all heat sealed, basted, sewn and top stitched - they aren't going anywhere!
- the 'wings' have crinkle included so they make noise
- perfect for little bubbas through to teething toddlers (and actually I have had some go to 5 to 7 year olds that love them and I know of a few hanging in some sewing rooms!)
- they are machine washable - come on, we are talking babies here, they need to be easy care!
- Why Boobook? You can find out the origin of the name here.
I'm so excited to be involved with all these amazing bloggers in the virtual baby shower! Go check out what they have made.
- Nearest the Pin
- A Stitch in between
- Straight Grain
- Sisko by Mieke
- Threading my way
- Sew Delicious
- Things for Boys
- As it seams
- Made by Sara
- Sewn Sow
The best, most creative name will get their very own Boobook (when I finish one! Eeekkk no pressure!).
So Jenya, I hope you love your little Boobook owl and most of all, I hope your new little bubba does too.